You have the burgers, the ice cream cakes, the corn on the cob, but what about the drink? Lemonade and beer? Perfect but what about something as sweet as summer itself and super easy to make? Plus it’ll knock your guest socks off!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 cups of ice
- 3 limes
- Seltzer (unflavored or Lemon Lime Flavor)
- 1 watermelon
- large knife
- Melon baller or round spoon
- Mint Leaves
WHAT TO DO:
- Cut the melon in half. Use the melon scoop or a spoon to scoop half the melon into the blender. (I had to do this in 2 parts)
- Poor the ice in and blend it with the “Pulse” option.
- Mix the ice and watermelon in the blender to make
- ADVANCED STEP: Scoop the other half of the water melon into a bowl. Scrape the inside of the gutted melon then put the balls back in. Now you have a tasty snack to match the drink when we finish it!
- Next, cut the lime in half and squeeze both halves into the pitcher of watermelon. I used 1 1/2 limes in my pitcher. Then I sliced the other lime into wedges to adorn the serving glasses.
- Additionally, chop the mint up and sprinkle it on top of the drink. I don’t know the exact measurement for that so I just estimated with two handfuls.
- This step is optional, pour in some seltzer or if you’re an adult add some special adult beverage (alcohol).
- TADA! You have a delicious and tasty drink.
Enjoy your 4th of July, I think I can squeeze in another post tomorrow,