You know on those days when you are leaving the house around 6:30 AM that you are in it for the long haul. By that time you’re probably struggling to down your first or second cup of coffee, eyes still blurred over with sleep and you have a long hard day in front of you.
On days like this, a big bag is a necessity. You have to carry your whole life with you and a stylish clutch or small saddle bag just isn’t going to cut it.
In my “long day big bag” checklist I usually include the following,
- Change of shoes: whether this is a nice pair because I’m leaving the house in a comfy pair, or a comfy pair because I’m going to have a chance of unforeseen walking in my future this is a must especially for days in the city. Usually I include a pair of classic Birkenstocks in the summer or a light weight pair of sneakers such as Nikes
- Mini Make Up Bag: Tampons, mascara, concealer, compact hairbrush, hair ties, bobby pins, check check check!
- Granola bars or power bars: just in case I don’t have a chance to eat or I just get tied up and hungry. I am not the type of person who can function when hungry. (The condition of getting angry when hungry.)
- Portable Charger: I started using these for music festivals last June and t was the best decision of my life by far. Never going back to being a mooch looking for an outlet!
- Pen and Sticky Notes: Call me old school, but I am queen of the to-do list and something about having it written down commits what I have to do to memory much more securely then typing it into my phone. Plus you never know when you will have to entertain a small (or medium or large) child with an enthralling game of Hangman (or woman, because we don’t discriminate) or tic-tac-toe.
DISCLAIMER: this list changes depending on the day! Sometimes I even include a change of clothes or top to transition from day to night wear.
Plus, carrying a big bag is a great chance to make a show stopping statement. For today, I’m bringing an Italian leather back pack, because I’m bringing the back pack back in style; it comfortably distributes the weight and comes in hundreds of styles, so why not am I right ladies?
What’s your big bag of choice? What do you/ would you carry in your big bag?